Welcome to my homepage. My favorite leisurely activity is to bake, so I want to dedicate my homepage to my favorite recipe so all my friends and fans know what I'm about. And that's chocolate. Out of the countless recipes I have tried, none beat Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Mousse Cake. It is the perfect amount of warm gooey chocolately goodness. If those types of adjectives intrigue you, then you've come to the right place. Try out the recipe below.
ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
~ Unlike the instant gratification the Internet brings nowadays, this cake takes a bit of time. But trust me, it's worth it. This Chocolate Mouse Cake will require 1.5 hr of work (30 min of preparing & 1 hr of baking). Remember, patience is a virtue.
*image taken by me*
Warning: it is possible you eat the whole thing, so be prepared to break out the post-holiday pants
~ 11 oz bittersweet chocolate, 2 oz milk chocolate, 8 large eggs, 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of confectionate sugar
- preheat the oven 350˚F.
- Line the inside of two cake pans with foil.
- Combine the chocolate and butter, then melt in the microwave or on the stove and let it cool
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolk into two bowls
- Add both sugars to the egg yolks, and beat until pale yellow and creamy
- Add vanilla, salt, and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until soft, as seen in the bowl on the left
- Gently add the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold the chocolate mixtures over the whisked egg whites until fully mixed
- Pour the cake batter into the foil covered cake pan, and place on a baking tray. Then, add 1 inch of water to the baking tray for the cake pan to sit in
- Cook for 1 hour, check periodically to make sure the top looks dry and the inside appears moist and mousse-y, cracks on the top are okay.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes before dusting with confectioner sugar on top of the cooled cake.
~ To ensure you're following along correctly, here are pictures that I took while baking this recipe. This way you'll know how it's supposed to look every step of the way.
~ Here are some of my favorite gifs that represent my (healthy) obsession with baking and chocolate.
~ In addition, here's an embarrasing picture of me enjoying some chocolate circa 2013.
If you're like me and want to find even more chocolate cake recipes, check out my friend Adelaide's Neocities homepage
Like what you see? You can find my other friend's Neocities homepages here on Professor Driscoll's page.
In case you like cooking/baking recipes that DON'T involve chocolate, Cool Sites of the Day has an awesome site filled with tons of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes. Click here to check out SuperCook recipes.
Enjoy and come back soon!